Expected School Wide Learning Results (ESLR’s)
By graduation, Valley Oaks Charter School students will be:
Academic Achievers who…
- Strive to meet or exceed California State Standards.
- Demonstrate academic growth toward standards
- Will be exposed to state standards through a variety of experiences.
- Use multiple modalities to demonstrate competence as active listeners, speakers, readers, and writers.
Critical Thinkers who…
- Identify and assess problems and find solutions using complex reasoning processes such as comparison, classification, induction, deduction, analysis, synthesis, investigation, inquiry, and invention.
- Collect, evaluate and use information from varied sources.
- Know how to test hypotheses, solve problems, and form conclusions based on relevant, reliable data and information.
- Demonstrate a capacity to apply acquired knowledge to changing conditions.
Technologically literate students who…
- Know VOCS internet policies and procedures.
- Use technology and telecommunications in a way that demonstrates an understanding of legal and ethical implications and expectations.
- Are fluent consumers of technology and apply their knowledge in society.
- Critically evaluate the context, subject matter, and validity of internet resources.
Culturally aware and productive citizens who…
- Contribute time, energy, and talents to improve their school, community and the world.
- Have a general understanding and appreciating for our diverse society.
- Demonstrate individual responsibility, personal integrity, and perseverance.
- Understand the principles required to be productive citizens in a democratic society.
Motivated, Self-Directed students who…
- Strive to learn and apply goal setting techniques, organize and manage time efficiently, and assume responsibility for their personal life-long learning.