Welcome to High School News and Updates! For questions, please contact your high school advisor directly before calling our office. Advisor and teachers’ contact information is located on the Staff Contact web page. Event information can also be found at the High School Calendar. To join the newsflash email list to receive updates, add updates/events/or corrections, please email details to email@example.com
- Thanksgiving Recess (No School)- November 20th-24th
- PEP meeting- Monday, November 27th @1pm room BC
- Holiday Program- Friday, December 1st
- ASB/Prom Committee Meeting- Tuesday, December 5th @lunch room D
- PE Class Wednesdays @10:00-11:30 am West Park
- HS Choir Wednesdays @12:00-1:15 pm room E
New! Thanksgiving Recess: November 20th-24th. Just a reminder that there is no school next week, school and our offices will be closed.
New! The next PEP meeting is Monday, November 27th at 1:00 pm in BC. We will be spending the first 1/2 hour discussing school issues that are important to you, so please come be a part of the discussion. The next portion of the meeting will be spent planning our K8 Holiday Party, scheduled for December 15th. If you’d like to help out, we’d love to have you!
New! Join the prom committee: Any juniors and seniors that would like to join the prom committee come to the next ASB meeting on Tuesday, December 5th at lunch. This will be our first meeting to start our planning! Hope to see you there.
New! Scholastic Book Fair Winners! Congratulations to the following students/families!
New! LOST & FOUND: There is an overflowing box of Lost items in Room B/C. Please look through for any of your items. Items will be donated after 11/17.
Mark your calendars for our annual VOCS Tehachapi Holiday Program on Friday evening, December 1st ! Look for more information to follow regarding program times. TK-12th grade students will be performing, so plan on being there to support our students!
All monies for field trips are due in CASH only! Any other checks should be made payable to “Educational Services Foundation” with VOCS-Tehachapi and the club or reason for the check
PE Class Wednesdays @10:00-11:30 am West Park. Activity TBA. This will counts as 2 hrs PE credit on your PE log! Bring some water, dress appropriately, come out and have some fun
PE logs are due on Tuesdays. You can drop the logs off in Rooms D, E, F or G.
CSUB Fab Lab: Fab Lab is short for “Fabrication Laboratory.” CSUB Fab Lab is based on the MIT-designed model, which inspired their popular class “How to Make (Almost) Anything”. The CSUB Fab Lab is a community resource and is available to virtually everyone in the community. The goal of Fab Labs is to provide access to advanced technologies to help anyone, anywhere “make almost anything.” In other Fab Labs around the world, frequent Fabbers and Makers include engineers and architects, small manufacturing businesses, students, artists, theatrical set designers, teachers, inventors, musicians, seamstresses, and even kids as young as 8 years old!
The Fab Lab at CSUB has the following equipment:
- 3D Printer
- Laser Etcher/Cutter
- CNC 3-Axis Router
- High resolution NC milling machine
- NC knife/signmaker
- Fabrication Shop Tools
- Computer Stations each loaded with Solidworks, AutoCAD, Inventor, MasterCAM, Corel
CSUB Fab Lab is intended to be a community resource. They provide weekly community access to the lab through a publicly posted schedule. CSUB Fab Lab has a very kid-friendly environment with age-appropriate programs to give young Fabbers a fun and educational experience in developing analytical thinking, creative problem-solving and team-building skills. They offer youth-oriented training workshops for middle and high school students. Access to the Fab Lab is free! Materials and space are limited, training and open access need to be reserved through the Eventbrite page. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Click on links below for more info.
- Pizza Tuesdays: On Tuesdays, Hungry Howie’s Pizza will be sold during lunch at $3 a slice. Slices will be 1/6 of a large pizza. Proceeds will benefit our High School ASB.
- VOCS T-Shirt/Sweatshirts are available to purchase. Please see the attached flyer. A portion of the cost will be donated to the VOCS ASB. Show your school spirit and get yours now. Forms are available in the office.
- VOCS Tote Bags are available to purchase. Cost is $5.00 each. They come in red, blue, or green (handles and color of wording on the tote bag). Proceeds will help benefit fun activities for the K-12 students. See attached flyer. VOCS Tote Bags Flyer
- Help us Recycle! Valley Oaks is recycling bottles and cans at school to help fund our High School ASB. If you have any recyclables that you would like to donate, please bring them in anytime during the school year. We will gladly recycle anything that comes our way.
- We have VOCS BUMPER STICKERS!! Show your VOCS pride and get yours today in the Office. Only $2 each.
- VOCS Pencil lanyards! Stop by the office and check out the VOCS lanyards. Cost is $5.00. Proceeds will help fund enrichment activities.
Reminder-All Students: Valley Oaks has a closed campus policy, which means students must remain on campus at all times. It is your responsibility to remain on campus until your classes are over. If a written consent form is on file with the front office, Juniors and Seniors are allowed to leave campus and must sign in and out before leaving.
Sign-In and Sign-Out Reminder! For safety reasons, parents please remember to sign in and out at the front office if you plan to stay on campus for a period of time. If you are visiting the Annex, be sure to sign in and out in the first classroom. Students attending tutoring sessions and/or study hall must sign in and out of the classroom they are working in, while on campus. All students attending classes do not need to sign in and out because attendance will be taken. We appreciate your effort to keep everyone safe while on campus.