Welcome to Testing Student & Parent Center
Common Core State Practice and Training Tests
Sign in as a guest, then select the student grade level. These tests are designed as a teaching tool, not independent test practice. It is helpful to sit beside your student and together work through the thinking process of each problem.
- Practice Tests – Student Link
- Test Answer Keys (look under Scoring Guides)
- NEW! Practice Tests – Student Link
- NEW! Test Answer Keys (look under Scoring Guides)
- Parent Information on Practice Tests
- Elementary Smarter Balanced Weekly Lesson Plans
- Drag and Drop Activity
- FunBrain Mouse Skill
- Graph Mole
- Typing Invasion
All students grades 3rd-8th have Valley Oaks Tehachapi Typing.com accounts.
1.Get started by first clicking here:
2. Click “Student Login” in the upper right-hand corner
3. Under “Already have an account” enter student username and password.
Username: first letter of the first name, last name, vocs
Password: first letter of the first name, first letter of the last name, student number
4. If you do not have your student’s school ID number, please ask your resource teacher.
5. After logging in, get started by clicking on the first lesson. The website will keep track of your student’s progress.
Keyboarding Goals by Grade Level:
3rd Grade – 15 words per minute with 95% accuracy
4th Grade – 20 words per minute with 95% accuracy
5th Grade – 25 words per minute with 95% accuracy
6th Grade – 30 words per minute with 95% accuracy
7th Grade – 30words per minute with 95% accuracy
8th Grade – 35 words per minute with 95% accuracy
The STAR Renaissance test is a computer-based assessment for reading and mathematics. Valley Oaks offers this testing to our 2nd-8th-grade students three times during the school year, although parents may opt to use this service more frequently by arrangement with their resource teacher. Each test takes about 25 minutes for the student to complete and gives a personalized diagnostic report with helpful suggestions for “next steps” to improve the student’s mastery of concepts. It also gives an approximate grade equivalent and scaled score, which is useful to both the parent-educator and resource teacher as they plan for the student’s growth in the mathematics or reading areas.
- STAR Renaissance Student Login (must have teacher present to log in)